This is a ‘Love me’ or ‘hate me’ dish I’ll assure you! However very simple and tasty to eat, with only 5 ingredients to make. I always season with cracked black pepper and occasionally salt to taste, you can also add a sprinkle of chilli powder or for a herby taste, oregano or basil. You can have this as a lunch or dinner dish, to fill it out you could add a part-bake roll to dip.
Eggs, Milk, suitable for vegetarians.
Corn flour – Tablespoon
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- Mix the flour and milk together and microwave for 1 minute, stir and repeat. Add in half of the grated cheese and microwave for a minute at a time until thick.
- Wilt the spinach through a sieve.
- Line the dish with some of the cheese sauce and spread out, this stops the sticking, layer half of the spinach in the dish, crack in the eggs and cover with the remaining spinach.
- Pour over the cheese sauce on the top and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place in the oven until the cheese is golden on top (around 30 minutes) at 220˚C.
This is an overview of all of the macro-nutrients (e.g. fat, carbohydrates, protein) and what individual ingredients of the recipe offer as a percentage to each nutrient.
Calories: 40% eggs, 31% cheese, 18% milk.
Fat: 43% eggs, 40% cheese, 16% milk.
Of which Saturated fat: 55% cheese, 25% eggs, 20% milk.
Carbohydrates: 63% flour, 44% milk, 2% spinach.
Of which Sugars: 93% milk, 6% spinach, 1% cheese.
Fibre: 80% spinach, 20% flour.
Protein: 56% eggs, 28% cheese, 14% milk.
Salt: 44% eggs, 38% cheese, 11% milk.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, if you like this post please comment and share!
Have you followed my social media pages yet?
Love Sian x