I am a lover of desserts at the best of times, and cheesecake just happens to be one of my favourite puddings. My concoction starts with a solid biscuity base and topped with the citrus creamy filling of the cake. I usually do citrus flavoured cheesecakes as i prefer them over chocolate etc. Fruity flavours I tend to favour it seems. By all means, this recipe can be adapted to use other citrus fruit such as lemons or oranges, both will work just as well. Making desserts from scratch are always fun, which makes it goo for kids to join in too. I made mine in small Tupperware boxes with lids, which makes it a perfect snack or a part of a lunch, whether your in school, at work or home!
Suitable for Vegetarians
Ricotta cheese/ cream cheese 250g
2 Limes (juice, slices & zest)
Digestive biscuits 115g
Sugar – tablespoon
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cool time: 15 minutes
- Melt the butter in a pan/microwave.
- Crush the biscuit in a bowl using a rolling pin.
- Mix both the biscuit crumbs and butter together to form a base and divide between the pots.
- In a new bowl, mix together the cheese, sugar and lime juice of 1&1/2 limes.
- Smooth the creamy mixture over the biscuit layer, cut up lime slices for each mini pot and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
Hope you enjoy, this super tasty recipe!