The most creative meal I’ve had in a while, a combination of veggies, meat and cheese all baked on top of a thin based pizza. It surprised me how easy and quick it was to cook, especially with everything made from scratch, the best bit for me is the nutritional content, pizza’s are known for the high amounts of salt in them, however the only ‘bad’ bit about this is the fats, coming mainly from the cheese, oil, and flour. Above all a delicious recipe I’ll definitely be making again soon!
Gluten, milk & sulphites
For the dough:
250g/ 2 cupsPlain flour
Baking powder – Tablespoon
Olive oil – Tablespoon
150ml/ 1 cupWarm water
1 small chicken breast
1 buffalo mozzerella
4 sundried tomatoes
1/2 Green pepper
1 baby corn
1 Spring onion
Tomato puree – 2 Tablespoons
Herbs and spices
Basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic, black pepper, paprika, chilli, cayenne pepper, garlic, mixed herbs & black pepper.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Preheat oven to 250˚C
- The dough! Mix together the flour, baking powder, oil and water until formed one ball, if too sticky add more flour, if it doesn’t stick together add more water.
- Roll out into a circle shape and so the thickness is around 1/2 a cm.
- Mix the tomato puree, mixed herbs and black pepper together and spread evenly on the base. Chop up the toppings and place on top.
- Cut the chicken into smaller than bite size cook with the chilli, cayenne pepper, paprika until cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken on top of the base and remaining herbs/spices and cook for around 10-15 minutes.
This is an overview of all of the macro-nutrients (e.g. fat, carbohydrates, protein) and what individual ingredients of the recipe offer as a percentage to each nutrient.
Calories: 56% flour, 21% mozzarella, 7% oil
Carbohydrates: 87% flour, 6% puree, 2% sundried tomato
Of which sugar: 58% puree, 14% tomato, 8% pepper
Fibre: 49% flour, 23% puree, 8% black pepper
Protein: 32% chicken, 29% flour, 29% mozzarella
Fat: 59% mozzarella, 28% oil, 8% flour
Of which Saturates: 59% mozzarella, 28% oil, 8% flour
Salt: 78% baking powder, 7% corn, 5% chicken
Enjoy, let me know what you all think in the comments.
Like, comment, share and subscribe to Sianylou.