Now all these cold nights are settling in it’s great to come back to something hot and tasty after a long hard day. The best bit about this is it can be prepped in the morning and cooking all day and served in the evening without a fuss! The peppered beef hotpot has 3/5 of you 5 a day, and 75% of your fibre intake, along with the low fat, sugar and saturates content, I can’t wait to make it again.
Gluten, celery, mustard, eggs & soya
400g beef diced
1 stock cube
2 spring onion
2 sticks of celery
3 tbsp peas
1/2 green pepper
Herbs & spices
Bay leaf, sage, garlic, onion salt, chilli, cayenne pepper, black pepper
All around a teaspoon – Except black pepper we need 5!
- Chop up the veggies and add to a pan.
- Remove any overly fatty bits of the beef and add o the same pan. – This doesn’t need to be done, but personally I don’t like chewing on fat.
- Add a litre of the stock water on top of the ingredients in the pan and put on full heat.
- Add in the herbs & spices accordingly and leave to stew for about 45 minute
- Check when ready that the meat is fully cooked inside and it should be nice and tender.
- When checked, grab a few bowls and spoons and serve it out.
This can be also done in the slow cooker follow the same principle and leave on a low heat to cook throughout the day.
This is an overview of all of the macro-nutrients (e.g. fat, carbohydrates, protein) and what individual ingredients of the recipe offer as a percentage to each nutrient.
Calories: 52% beef, 14% potatoes, 13% broccoli
Carbohydrates: 33% potatoes, 29% onion, 15% broccoli
Of which sugar: 46% onion, 26% carrot, 18% broccoli
Fibre: 36% broccoli, 19% onion, 17% carrot
Protein: 75% beef, 14% broccoli, 3% onion
Fat: 79% beef, 9% broccoli, 4% stock
Of which Saturates: 86% beef, 5% broccoli, 4% stock
Salt: 85% stock, 6% beef, 4% celery
This meal is perfect now winter is coming on fast!
I swear I’m a pepper addict, do you like pepper as much as me?